Hai Phong city tour lets you know everythings to do in Hai Phong. There are some options that you could explore city center as well as suburb or countryside. In this city tour, we provide half day and also full day tour options. So depends on your timetable, please select your best choice. Let’s check our following details.
Pick up for Hai Phong city tour
We are very flexible in pick up for this Hai Phong city tour. Our driver and tour guide will meet you directly at your hotel or home. We also pick up at Cat Bi airport or Got harbor or Halong harbor.
Pick up time:
- Half day city tour: 12-12:30 – Option 1
- Mountain trekking: 13:30 – Option 2
- Hai Phong full day city tour: 9:00 – Option 3
When you book private city tour option with Hai Phong Tours, pick up time can be adjusted as long as it meets yours schedule.
Hai Phong city tour schedules
Option 1: Half day city tour classic schedule
After pick up, we take a tour to visit Hai Phong city center including Hai Phong Opera House, Flower Stall, Le Chan statue. We spend around half an hour here to listen to history and take photos.
Du Hang pagoda
13:15: Let’s get in the car and head to Du Hang pagoda.
People found this Hang Pagoda about 3 centuries ago. Although they rebuilt few time already, it still remains a fine example of traditional Vietnamese architecture and sculpture. We will spend around 30-40 minutes here.
Hai Phong museum
Bao Dai King Villa
15:00: On arrival, you are free to take picture of Bao Dai King Villa. There are total 2 storeys that you can go to each room to see. The King and Queen rooms are on the first storey. The rooms for princes and princesses are on second one. On spot tour guide will tell you all about history of villa. You can also hire room here. Moreover, king, queen, prince, princess costomes are available for rent to take picture right there. It’s 1 USD/person.
15:20: We continue our Hai Phong city tour with bicycle ride. Our driver will drop you and tour guide at Zone 2 beach, receive bicycle and ride to Zone 3. The ride is about 1km to K15 – Zezo Pier (Ho Chi Minh trail on sea). Then you are free to ride around to see beaches.
16:30: Get back to the same place to return bicycle. And we get back to city center and enjoy local specialty.
Bánh Đa Cua
After dinner, we bring you back and say goodbye. Hai Phong city tour ended here.
Option 2: Half day city tour mountain trekking
Mountain trekking tour in Hai Phong countryside is new product organized by Hai Phong Tours. In this tour, you will be closer to nature, challence your health with mountain trekking to visit karst limestone military caves and admire sunset falling in golden river from top of mountain.
Hai Phong Tours picks up people from 13:30 at hotel in Hai Phong city. Then we head to Elephant Mountain – Núi Voi in An Lão distric.
14:10: Trek to Gia Vi cave
On arrival at Elephant mountain, we prepare for medium trekking to Gia Vi cave. This is karst limestone cave in Elephant mountain. We will spend around 20-30 minutes here.
15: 30: Conquer Fairy Checker Board peak, admire sunset
This is the highlight of the Hai Phong city tour. From mountain peak, you will have great panorama view of water rice fields, enjoy fresh air and admire sunset falling in golden river.
16:30: Drop off
After touring, we drop you off at same place or anywhere in Hai Phong city center.
We also provide private car transfer service from Hai Phong to Hanoi if you prefer.
Option 3: Full day city tour
The option 3 is combination between option 1 and option 2. But instead of doing option 1 in the afternoon, we change departure time to moring. Thus you can do option 1 in the morning and option 2 in the afternoon.
Drop off after Hai Phong city tour
Regarding to drop off options, we can bring you back to Hai Phong city center, Hai Phong airport (Cat Bi airport) or Hanoi Old Quarter. If you need to get dropped off at Hanoi airport, we will bring you to Hanoi. Then please grab taxi to airport. Or you can go directly to Hanoi airport by using our private car transfer service.
Drop off time:
- Hanoi Old Quarter: 07:00pm
- Hai Phong: 05:30pm (Cat Bi airport or city center)
- A/C round way transfer (1person: motobike; 2+ persons: car)
- English speaking tour guide
- Dinner (Banh Da Cua) (option 1+3)
- Entrance tickets, parking fees
- 1 bicycle per person (option 1+3)
- 1 bottle of water/person
- Tip for driver, tour guide (recommended)
- Additional Services
Child offers for this Hai Phong city tour
Child age = current year – birth year
- Every 2 adults can escort 1 child under 5 year old. We charge 50% of adult price for the next child under 5 year old
- Child under 5 year old is free of charge
- Child from 5 to 8 year old is charged 75% of adult price (taller than 1.2 meters is considered adult).
- From 9 year old, we charge 100% of adult price
FAQs about Hai Phong city tour
- What to bring with me for the Hai Phong city tour?
Please consider to bring phone, camera, sunglasses. If you do option 2 or 3, you should bring suitable shoes and short trousers for trekking.
- Should I bring my own water?
In the tour package, we offer 1 bottle of mineral water. You can bring more if you prefer.
- Can you pick us up in Halong or Got harbor?
Yes, we can if you book option 1 or 2. There is small transfer fee added in this case.
- I am vegetarian, can you prepare food for me?
If so, we do not go to eat Bánh Đa Cua anymore. We go to vegetarian restaurant in city center instead.
Review Hai Phong city tour
This Hai Phong city tour is suitable to people who has full day free or only half day free. The half day city tour allows you quick comprehend the city. It’s doable if you’ve just finished your Halong bay 2 days tour or Halong bay 3 days tour.
The number of tourists traveling and leaving in Hai Phong are fewer. Then we do not have big group to use bus for transfer. In case there is only 1 customer in tour, we will use motobike to transfer. When there are from 2+ persons, we use car instead.
If you choose option 1, you will do common itinerary or also known as classic tour. You will visit all the best tourist attractions in Hai Phong city center then do cycling at Do Son area. This is considered a pearl of Hai Phong.
If you book option 2, you will spend your afternoon on the mountain in countryside. This is perfect to practice exercise or improve your health at weekend. Tourists only know about things to do in city center. But the life in countryside may bring you other point of view. So if you have one day, let’s do option 3.
- Pros: more options, flexible
- Cons: less people, more cost
In Hai Phong city, there are not many tour guides which have International Tour Guide license. So sometime, we will use local people as tour guide. But certainly, we do control service quality and all of our man must be very knowledgable, enthusiastic, funny and responsible.
- Pros: knowledgable, enthusiastic, funny and responsible
- Cons: may not have international tour guide license in some cases
There is one meal in this Hai Phong city tour. It can be lunch or dinner. We usually set Bánh Đa Cua as default. So if you would like to order more, please pay yourself. Drinks are not included then please consider.
- Pros: enjoy specialty of Hai Phong, can order more at own account
- Cons: fixed menu
Book Hai Phong city tour
To Book Hai Phong city tour, we provide some convenient options as following:
- Social chat: We are available on Whatsapp, Zalo, We Chat, LINE, Kakao talk. Please find us by this phone number: +84975200357. You can also find quick chat button on the Left-Bottom corner on our website.
- Directly chat support flatform: On our website: haiphongtours.com, please find chat button on the Right-Bottom corner. Then please fill in your name, email, phone number or Whatsapp, your question and click on “Start Chat”. We will be with you within seconds.
- Send email: If you do not find above convenient, please send email to [email protected] to Book Hai Phong city tour. We do get back to you shortly.
- Book directly on website: Please choose any option (if any) in the tour, select number of person in your group, then click to “Request now”. Next, please fill in required fields and click “Send request” and wait for few seconds. Please note that this is to send request only. You will not be charged any kind of fee online.
About is everything about Hai Phong city tour. And if you need us to clarify anything else, please contact us.
Thank you and happy travel!
Hai Phong Tours team.