Cat Ba is a beautiful island in Haiphong. The island is separated from the mainland. So, what is the best ways to Transfer Haiphong to Cat Ba? Currently, there are 5 ways to get to the island. Let Haiphong Tours tell you more details.
1. Rent a car to Transfer Haiphong to Cat BaRent a car to Transfer Haiphong to Cat Ba is very convenient. If you fly to Haiphong from another province, the driver will pick you up at the airport and go straight to Cat Ba. If you are already at the hotel in Haiphong, the driver will come to the hotel to pick you up. Car rental is best suited for large groups of people and with luggage. The rental price for a private car Hai Phong to Cat Ba ranges from 1,500,000 VND to 1,700,000 VND. Please click on the link here to book: Haiphong car transfer. You can also contact Zalo, Whatsapp +84975200357 to book a car directly. When you rent a car to travel directly to Cat Ba, you can also use that car to travel around the island. You can use a private car to visit tourist attractions such as Quan Y cave, Canon Fort or Cat Ba National Park. If you go to the beach, you can also leave your clothes in the car and even change clothes in the car too!
2. Haiphong – Ben Binh – Cat Ba town (speed boat)Speed boat from Ben Binh is the most convenient way to transfer Haiphong to Cat Ba island. The travel time is the shortest and there is no transit. You will go straight from the center of Haiphong to the center of Cat Ba town right away. Travel time from Haiphong – Ben Binh – Cat Ba town only fluctuates about 60 minutes depending on the intensity of the waves. Previously, there were two high-speed boats running the Ben Binh – Cat Ba route, namely, Cat Ba Island Resort & Spa and Mekong Hoang Yen. But now, Cat Ba Island Resort & Spa has stopped operating at Ben Binh and moved to the Got station. Thus, only the Mekong Hoang Yen remains in operation. As expected, the boat will resume operations from April 30, 2021. You can contact Mr. Ky’s phone number to book ticket: 0904385346. The Mekong Hoang Yen operates continuously every day with the following schedule:
- Ben Binh – Cat Ba: 8:00, 9:00, 11:00, 13:00, 15:00
- Cat Ba – Ben Binh: 9:00, 10:00, 12:10, 14:00, 16:30
3. Haiphong – Ben Got – Cat Ba town (bus – private car, high speed boat)The third way to transfer Haiphong to Cat Ba is via Got harbor. From Haiphong city center or from Cat Bi airport, just move to Got station. Then go to the office of Cat Ba Island Resort & Spa to buy speed ticket to Cat Ba. To move to Got station, you have 2 options: Rent a private car transfer: The distance from Cat Bi airport or Haiphong city center to Got station is quite short about 26km. It only takes you about 30 minutes to get there. Taxi price is only about 300,000 VND. If you rent a private car, the price will be a bit higher. The rental price for a private car ranges from 350,000 VND to 400,000 VND. You can contact Zalo, Whatsapp +84975200357 to book a car directly. By bus: If you go by bus, you need to move to Binh station by yourself (16 Ben Binh, Minh Khai, Hong Bang, Haiphong). Then book bus and high speed boat tickets.
- Phone for booking tickets: 0976951999 Mr. Hien or 0983506156 Mr.Hoá
- Ticket price: 120,000 VND (including Bus & High Speed boat)
4. Haiphong – Got Station – Cai Vieng – Cat Ba Town (bus, ferry)This way to transfer Haiphong to Cat Ba is similar to way #3. But instead of high-speed boat, you will take a ferry from Got to Cai Vieng. The time for the ferry is about 20 minutes. After reaching the Cai Vieng, continue to take the bus to Cat Ba town. Going this way, you will save a lot of money. Bus tickets from Haiphong to Got station fluctuate around 15 thousand VND / person. The ticket price for Got ferry to Cai Vieng for passengers is 12 thousand VND / person. Bus ticket from Cai Vieng to Cat Ba town is about 15,000 VND / person. So, you only pay 42,000 VND to transfer Haiphong to Cat Ba. Total travel time is about 1.5 hours. To book a bus ticket from Haiphong to Got station, you can also book at 16 Ben Binh, Minh Khai, Hong Bang, Haiphong. In addition, you can also catch Thinh Hung bus number 16C Thuong Ly bus station – Got station. There will be 1 trip every 20 minutes. Bus route: Thuong Ly bus station – Tam Bac bridge – Nguyen Duc Canh – Tran Phu – Dien Bien Phu – Le Hong Phong – Nguyen Binh Khiem – Dinh Vu – Tan Vu Lach Huyen bridge – Got station. After arriving at Cai Vieng station, the bus continues to take you to Cat Ba Town. Please note, the bus reservation must be made before departure. When arriving at Cai Vieng station, there was no bus waiting there, only taxi available. Cat Ba Taxi phone number: 02253688699
5. Haiphong – Cat Hai – Phu Long – Cat Ba Town (bus, cable car)The last way to transfer Haiphong to Cat Ba is quite troublesome. This is not the fastest way to go. But in return, you’ll experience the world’s tallest (214.8 m) cable car that has been recognized by UNESCO. Cat Hai – Phu Long cable car route has a total length of 3,955m including 60 cabins. The way to go to Cat Hai cable car station is similar to the above. You can take a bus, rent a car, or take a taxi. Then buy ticket at the counter. Cable car ticket price Cat Hai – Phu Long:
- One way: 100,000 – 150,000 VND (if not Haiphong people)
- Two-way: 150,000 – 200,000 VND (if not Haiphong people)