Road rules for motorcycles is something that many people are interested in and need to know very well. When conquering the roads with beloved motorbike, many people have been stopped by road police because they do not understand the rules. So when going out on the street, what road rules should we pay attention to? Which signs need attention? And how are the fines for faults? In this article, haiphongtours.com do share everything with you!
To whom Road rules for motorcycles applied in Vietnam?Road rules for motorcycles applied to driver and passenger. So what are motorcycles in Vietnam? In Section 3.39, Article 3 of the National Technical Regulation QCVN 41: 2016 / BGTVT stipulates:
Motorcycles are two or three-wheeled motor vehicles and similar, moving by engines with a cylinder capacity of 50 cm3 or more, the vehicle’s own tonnage not exceeding 400 kg.Why do I say this law applies to the passenger? It is true that whether the motorcycle goes by law or not depends on the driver. But if the passenger in the back seat is not wearing a helmet, it is still a violation of the Road rules for motorcycles.
In Road rules for motorcycles in Vietnam, how fast can I drive?Road rules for motorcycles in Vietnams determine the speed according to traffic junction zones, which are densely populated areas and out of densely populated areas (downtown or out of downtown).
Speed for motorcycles in Densely Populated Area in VietnamWhat is a Densely populated area? To define a Densely populated area, when driving on the road, you must pay attention to the sign on the right hand side of your direction. If you see an R.420 sign, then it is a Densely Populated Area. So what is the Speed for motorcycles in Densely Populated Area? Now, you must see what kind of road you are going on.
- 2-way street ; 1-way road with 1 lane : MAX SPEED: 50 KM / HOUR
- Double track ; 1-way road with 2 or more lanes : MAX SPEED: 60 KM / HOUR
Speed for motorcycles out of Densely Populated Area in VietnamWhen is considered out of Densely Populated Area? This is regulated by signpost R.421. After passing through this sign is the end of the densely populated area and the speed will be faster. So what is the Speed for motorcycles out of Densely Populated Area in Vietnam? At this time, you must see what kind of road you are going. It’s nearly similar to above. Maximum speed allowed is faster (+ 10km / h )
- 2-way road ; 1-way road has 1 lane : MAX SPEED: 60 KM / HOUR
- Double track ; one-way roads with 2 or more lanes : MAX SPEED: 70 KM / HOUR
Traffic signs in Vietnam motorcyclists must be aware ofThere are many traffic signs motorcyclists must be aware of. But here, I just list the most common signs on the road.
1. Enter a densely populated area in VietnamTo determine when to enter a densely populated area, I have already mentioned above. Just see the sign R420 is starting to enter. You need to drive at the correct speed to comply with the Road rules for motorcycles in Vietnam.
2. Out of populated area in VietnamThe way to distinguish when the End is densely populated is similar to the above, you should follow the signposts. The sign out of populated area is R421. It is similar to the R420 but only adds a red slash.
3. One-way sign in VietnamOne-way signs: 102 are included in the list of prohibited signs. The signboard must be posted at the beginning of the road, on the right hand side of your direction. If you see this sign, you can not continue driving to. Motorbikes entering one-way roads are fined : 1,000,000 VND to 2,000,000 VND
4. The tunnel Sign in VietnamRecently, in Vietnam, many roads have tunnels were inaugurated and put into operation. That confuses many motorcyclists. The sign to identify to enter the Tunnel is W.240. Before entering the tunnel, this sign must be placed on the right hand side of the motorcyclist. According to the Road rules for motorcycles in Vietnam, when entering a tunnel, you must turn on your low beam headlights. Do not turn your vehicle around, or pass the vehicle against the rules. Fine: 500,000 VND to 1,000,000 VND
5. Direction to follow sign in VietnamIn the Road rules for motorcycles in Vietnam, there are many types of direction signs to follow. But the most popular onces for you to ride a motorbike are the signs R301d, R301e, R301f, R301h. These signs force the motorcyclist in the lane to follow the direction of the arrow. For example, if you are in a lane marked with R301d, you must turn right and DO NOT GO STRAIGHT. If you go straight on purpose, you will be violating the Road rules for motorcycles. If it’s the sign R301f then it’s fine to go straight!
6. Lane for motorcycle sign in VietnamThe motorbike lane signs can be posted on the right hand side of the way (picture 1) or hung (picture 2). In figure 1, motorbike can only use lane 3. There are people in lane 2 and they all violate the Road rules for motorcycles in Vietnam. In Figure 2, motorbike has 3 lanes (2, 3,4). However, to ensure safety, you should only drive by motorbike in lane 3 or 4. With this road, cars can run 60 or 90km / hour, so it is very dangerous if you drive a motorbike there. On roads without sign for motorbike with 2 or 3 lanes, you can use lanes 2 and 3. However, if you change lanes, you must have signals to ask for directions, ensuring safety. If there is a solid line between lanes 2 and 3, lane change is not allowed.
7. Speed limit sign in VietnamSpeed limit signs are very common and this is the reason why many people violate the Road rules for motorcycles. There are 3 types of speed limit signs for motorcycles that I want to mention here:
- Speed limit stand alone
- Speed limit signs only applied to motorcycles
- Speed limit in meters
8. Prohibition expired signThe Prohibition expired sign is very important. When being subject to the prohibition effect of the speed limit signs section 7 above, if you see the Prohibition expired sign, then drive at normal speed. There are 2 types of Prohibition expired signs:
- Completely Prohibition expired
- Expires to prohibit content on the sign